If you are a first time open water swimmer and you want all the inside knowledge to swim safety, join us for our half day course.
Fun, informative course for swimmers new to open water or those who want to brush up on their skills and confidence. Includes swim along the coastline.
We cater for all levels….whether you want to just dip your toe in the water and try sea swimming for the first time, considering wild swims, or whether you have a particular swim or triathlon event to aim for.
Our team is encouraging, knowledgeable and, most of all, the session is fun.
- Wetsuit choice and getting it on and off !
- What kit to choose including googles, gloves and tow float
- Acclimatisation and entering the water safety.
- Dealing with anxiety and breathing techniques
- Navigation, sighting and keeping safe
- Wild swimming – where to swim and be seen
- One hour practical swim session from iconic Beacon Cove.